- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Coed Sports
- Inside Athletics
MILWAUKEE – No. 20-ranked Cardinal Stritch University defeated the University of St. Francis 7-1 in Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference women's tennis action Saturday afternoon.
USF (9-9, 2-2 CCAC) notched its lone victory at No. 2 singles as sophomore Danielle Hoffman (Tinley Park, Ill./ Andrew) won 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (5). Cardinal Stritch (18-4, 6-0) took the other four contested singles matches in straight sets after sweeping three doubles matches.
The loss was the Saints' second straight following a stretch in which they won three in a row and six of eight. USF returns to action Tuesday at CCAC rival Robert Morris University.
1. Alexi Loomis (STRITCH) vs. Princess Clemente (USF) 2-6, 2-2, unfinished
2. Danielle Hoffman (USF) def. Natalie Grieve (STRITCH) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
3. Amanda Timm (STRITCH) def. Devan Trueba (USF) 7-5, 6-4
4. Katiuska Adarmes (STRITCH) def. Leah Fuessel (USF) 6-1, 6-1
5. Jitsupa Sirinit (STRITCH) def. Ewelina Szwed (USF) 6-2, 6-3
6. Emily Kaftan (STRITCH) def. Ashley Golda (USF) 6-0, 6-1
1. Natalie Grieve/Jitsupa Sirinit (STRITCH) def. Princess Clemente/Anne-Chris. Tompkins (USF) 8-6
2. Alexi Loomis/Amanda Timm (STRITCH) def. Leah Fuessel/Danielle Hoffman (USF) 8-5
3. Katiuska Adarmes/Emily Kaftan (STRITCH) def. Ewelina Szwed/Devan Trueba (USF) 8-0